The Island Life - Belize
12 Things To Do in Belize When You're Not Diving
Divers choose Belize because it's home to the second largest barrier reef and bucket-list dive sites such as Lighthouse Reef, Turneffe, Great Blue Hole, and Hol Chan Marine Reserve. The diving here is out of this world!
But even the most avid diver needs surface time. Belize is full of places to explore and see, but there are also plenty of places to relax when you need a little downtime. So, what else is there to do in Belize besides diving? We've compiled a list for you!
1. Visit Lamanai Maya ruins. This site, situated along the New River Lagoon, features monumental architecture of temples and palaces dating from the Classic and Pre-Classic Periods.
2. Relax with a hot stone massage at our island spa. The deep penetrating heat of the stones will melt your tension away.
3. Whiz through the jungle canopy on a zip-line tour. Zip past a stunning display of tropical flora and fauna. Daring participants will rappel to the rainforest floor from the final platform for a thrilling one-of-a-kind jungle adventure.
4. Take a guided fishing trip for the "big three" of tarpon, permit, and bonefish. If you prefer to reef fish, you are likely to catch snapper, grouper, barracuda, and more.
5. Kayak or Paddleboard through the mangroves and along the reef. You may even see dolphins, sting rays, and baracuda!
6. Enjoy an afternoon relaxing in a hammock. It's one of our favorite activites here at the island!
7. Go cave tubing. Float on inner tubes with only your headlamp to guide the way as the Caves Branch River winds a path through the Maya mountain and numerous caves.
8. Explore St. Herman's Cave and Blue Hole National Park. Hike nature trails with breathtaking views, see Maya artifacts such as pottery, beads, obsidian knives, and human skeletons. Complete your adventure with a dip in the sapphire waters of Blue Hole National Park.
9. Visit San Pedro. Enjoy a leisurly afternoon browsing galleries, gift shops, and popular bars and restaurants. Our San Pedro Slam excursion is perfect land an sea experience.
10. Buy gorgeous handmade arts and crafts from locals.
11. Drink tropical cocktails and Belikin beers on the beach.
12. Watch the sunrise and sunset. Belize is blessed with amazing watercolored painted skies in the early morning and at dusk. It is definitely a time of day not to be missed.
St. George's Caye Resort is found 7-miles from main-land Belize City. Complimentary transfers are made by boat and once you have landed at BZE International Airport, your valet will have you on the island in just about 30 minutes. Offering an array of adventure, romance, relaxation and SCUBA excursions, this resort is acclaimed for pristine reefs, seclusion and the ability to do as much or as little as one wishes.
Email for more information at
Hope to see you in the sun very soon!
-Your St. George's Caye Resort Team
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.